A Day At the Zoo

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

While in San Diego we also went to the zoo! I had just taken Hadley to the zoo in Albuquerque, and it was so tiny in comparision. I had never been to any zoo besides San Diego. We had a lot of fun at the San Diego one. I hadn't been since high school! I loved seeing the monkeys and the reptiles. And the aviary was enjoyable, too. It was so nice to not be in 100 degree weather while walking around, and the company was so enjoyable, too!

My sister, Alyssa came for a bit with her friend and another friend's baby. Wasn't that nice of her to give her friend a break and take her child to the zoo? Then my brother also came for a little while. He has no children and was surprised at how slow we were to get to places at the zoo with 4 children all together (and 3 strollers).

My older sister was there with her husband and 2 kids. Later on, my parents showed up too for a bit. One thing I liked to do while in San Diego was to pack lunches and eat them at the zoo and Sea World. Do you know how much money this saved us?!! It was a fun day with the whole family, and while we saw some animals doing interesting things (I'll say no more), it was fun to see what the kids enjoyed, too!
Below is my sister, Erin about to get trampled on by an elephant! This seemed to be a popular pose.
I love my two nieces- it is the greatest thing to see how much they adore one another! Keiya is 5 years old and Niyah is 6 months in these pictures.Is that my Hadley sleeping below? It is, but it only lasted for about 10 minutes.

0 comments: