Sea World!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I decided to blog about our vacation in pieces, so here is the part about Sea World. We bought a 2 year pass to Sea World for a good deal, and we got to go twice while we were there. I plan on going again when I go visit in August. You might think that a 14 month old would have no interest in Sea World. I won't lie- it was not the easiest taking her, and she had her grumpy moments, but she did enjoy many parts of it.


Here is my father (below) with my sleepy child who pretty much refuses to sleep anywhere but her bed.Below is a pic of my neice, Keiya and I. My sister, Keiya and I went on the Shipwreck Rapids. We also went on the Atlantis roller coster but there are no pictures of that because someone was scared and cried (no, not me) We went the day after we arrived in San Diego. I think Hadley was so sick of the car ride from Phoenix to San Diego that she was enjoying running all over. Yes, she runs, not just walks. The problem is that she isn't very capable of running that well. But she likes to try! Near the end of our day at Sea World she was running with her 5 year old cousin and Hadley fell. She fell alot, and usually she lands on her well-padded bum and its fine. Once here she landed on her face. And chipped her front tooth. She has a big gap between her two front teeth, and now it is all the more noticable. She usually has some sort of bruise somewhere on her because she is so ACTIVE! I was very upset about the tooth. She screamed for about 30 seconds, let me wipe up the blood, and then she squirmed out of my arms and wanted to run again.Keiya's favorite thing at Sea World was touching the sting rays and getting to feed them sardines. We spent about 40 minutes there!She liked the Shamu show- she clapped and screeched when the whales jumped out of the water. She enjoyed the dolphin show the same. She really liked the new Cirque de le Mer show where acrobats of all sorts contort their bodies in seemingly impossible ways. They started out with some 'French Clowns' which were actually really entertaining. Hadley thought these were hilarious! The rest of the things she didn't care too much about, just was content being held or pushed in the stroller. But I was glad to see her interact with some of it at least!

We went to visit my Grandmother after Sea World since she lives right by it. Have to get the 4 generation picture!

1 comments:

Lissy said...

You look so great. I love the 4 generation photo! I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out on Sunday - our family thing ran late and some friends dropped by. It was fun to get to see Hadley in church though. She is a gorgeous little person. Too bad about her tooth. I'd be upset too - thank goodness it's her baby one! It's kinda too bad we don't just keep getting new sets like sharks.