Hadley and I leave Chris behind tomorrow :( as we go to Arizona and family to visit family and friends. Last week I met a lady here at a community pool with a 16 month old. She told me about all sorts of thing that a group of mommys do here. She knows all sorts of places to have fun and things to do. I have joined the group and although it has been less than a week I love it! I was always jealous of the girls at church who met up for play group. I wished I could take my child to play group, too, but I was always working. So...now I get to do it! On Friday we met up at a little gymnastics place for young kids, and Hadley played on the bog trampoline with me. She also had fun running around on the mats and playing with the giant shapes. The below pictures are from today at the zoo!
Here is the group and the kiddos- we stopped at the grassy area of the zoo to eat lunch. One thing I really liked- I packed us a lunch and thought to myself that everyone else would probably buy but that I preferred the healthier food I had at home- and didn't want to pay for food. ALL the parents had brought their own food! Not a single person bought! I was so happy that I found some people like me!
One of the marsupials. They had a fan in this exhibit which made Hadley happier than any animal did. It was a nice escape from the 101 degree temperature!

Hadley's favorite exhibit was the polar bears! They were in full view today! I couldn't figure out why this one wasn't in the water, though!
Hadley stole a cracker here from another child.
We had fun at the zoo today! I arrived about 45 minutes late because Hadley was taking a nap and I don't like to wake her. Also, I relied on my GPS on my phone, which quickly gave out telling me it had no signal. But I eventually made it and we had a lot of fun. I am enjoying getting to make new friends! And Hadley loves all the kiddos, too! So far there are mostly girls- just like with my friends back in Lubbock.


2 comments:
Isn't it so fun to explore a new city? I'm glad you found a good group to join! Any groups I've ever been to have been mostly girls too. Funny how that is!
Glad you are meeting new friends. So happy for this new stage in life for you!!!
Post a Comment