We are together again- in Albuquerque. For a week and then I leave to see family. But it is wonderful! I never have been a fan of New Mexico. The three states I have always had absolutely NO desire to live in were always Nevada, Arizona (sorry, Erin- my sis) and New Mexico. While this is definitely not a promotion for New Mexico- I do like Albuquerque so far. Not that I have seen all that much yet, but first- the apartment is great! A great floor plan = more space for Hadley to roam. We have a wall of boxes that we aren't going to unpack since we just have a 6 month lease, the living room is big with vaulted cealings, Hadley's room is a lot larger than the last one which wasn't bad, and the closet in our room is awesome. One of the best features- washer and dryer in the apt No more coin laundry. I can walk to the park, grocery store, and I discovered a great market today where I got 10 ruby red grapefruits for A DOLLAR! I ate one, juiced 5 and have the rest to enjoy with breakfast for the next few days! I ave been jogging with my baby in her jogging stroller, played a bit of soccer with some people in the park, and last night I
rode my bike up near the mountains! And it hasn't cost a penny! It does look like a desert, I won't mask that, but it isn't like there are cacti (plural for cactus?) all over Mostly just some desert brush and rocks in the medians, but since we are at the base of the mountains there is still a lot of grass and many pine trees. I feel so light and happy! And it is so wonderful to be the one to take care of my own daughter now that school is out! We are having a lot of fun at the park and in the pool. Hadley has learned how to go under the water without swallowing it! When people ask what it looks like here I am honest and say, "It's not the ugliest place, but it isn't the most beautiful either." It is nice though, and so far the people have been SO nice. I was at a light yesterday when a lady next to me in her car started waving me down because she told me my car was smoking. All this green smoke was pouring out, and I couldn't tell where, so I put on my harzards and grabbed Hadley out and started to back up, when I saw a smoke bomb some kids threw roll across the road. I realized that that was
all the smoke was, and while I was irritated, I was also relieved. I waved apologetically to the car with two women in it behind me who just missed the light because of me. Not a single person honked at me as I strapped Hadley back in while the light went from green to red. I drove off and a little ways up the road pulled in to the pool parking lot where Hadley and I were going to go swimming, and I was getting her out when a woman walked over to me. It was the lady who was driving the vehicle at the light behind me. She was worried that Hadley and I were unnerved and wanted to make sure we were okay. How kind! She spoke to me for a few minutes making sure that we were alright and then wished us a nice day! So, right now there are no complaints and I am counting all our blessings!
Plus, a place can't be TOOO horrible when there is a Trader Joe's and a Costco- right?
*By the way- the above pictures are ones of Hadley posing in some of the clothes I am selling in my Etsy Shop. The last photo is of Hadley checking out her new home.*
Albuquerque- Our new home
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Posted by Chris and Carrie Elmore at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so glad you love your new apartment! I can't wait until I can see you again, and I will have to come stay with you for a weekend at some point too!
That sounds like an amazing beginning! Would love to see you when you're in town!
Post a Comment