And Now Two Makes Three

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome Hadley Jade Elmore to the world! Hadley was born Friday, April 10 at 7:17 a.m. We went to the hospital the night before around 9 p.m. and didn't leave until Easter Sunday. I had some trouble recognizing the early contractions, as I just kept telling myself that they were just some pains, maybe digestion, but then after speaking with my mother on the phone she convinced me that they were contractions and that I needed to time them. I was making dinner around 5:30 or so when we started to time them, but I had been feeling some pains for about two days, but they weren't very bothersome. Anyhow, it was difficult to tell when the beginning contractions started and ended, but we did our best and when we thought they were about three minutes apart we went to the hospital. I labored there as they checked me and used my birthing ball and walked up and down the hall some. Chris was so wonderful and was the best coach ever. He helped me focus and breathe through them and helped as I had really bad back pains. That is where I felt it the very worst. I will spare you the details, but the labor was about 12-13 hours from when I recognized the pains as contractions, which I think was pretty good for a first timer. And the part to actually birth her took almost no time at all. She had been low for so long that she was ready. Anyhow, it was amazing and so special for Chris and I. My mom arrived that afternoon to help out. We are home now and I love every moment! I miss the baby when I sleep, even though I do like my sleep and will be begging for more soon, I know. I marvel at every detail of her, and just am still amazed that she is ours and that she grew in me. We will be posting more pictures, but here are some that Chris has taken so far!

7 comments:

April said...

Oh!!! Congratulations!!! Just today Tom asked if we had sent you a gift yet, knowing your baby would be born soon. I came online to see where you were registered and saw that little Hadley is here!!!

We are so happy for you both. She is precious and beautiful and we can't wait to hear more about her!

Ginny said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! So happy to see pictures. So happy for my sweet cousin!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

So sweet!! Isnt it wonderful, what an amazing journey. we are so happy for you three and let us know if you need anything from us. we cant wait to meet her! she looks like a sweet angel. love you guys

Ashley said...

Wow, you sound like a natural mom already! I love those pictures and I'm so excited to keep talking to you lots on the phone and get to know all the details about her!

Marissa said...

She is a cutie! Congrats! Let us know if you need anything at all.

Steve and Miss

Ruth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be such a wonderful mom!! I saw Jeff and Alyssa this weekend and they couldn't stop talking about their newest little niece. :) She is SO precious!

Jennifer Richins said...

Congratulations! She is such a cutie. And I'm super impressed with your mad sewing skills.