Is it Spring?

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here in Lubbock the trees (some of them) are in full bloom. The grass is still mostly brownish-yellow, but the trees look lovely. The weather has been mostly in the 70's and even 80's for near two weeks and it has faked out the trees. It is too bad because now in April and May they won't bloom.

I do like Spring- even though it is not really here yet, and I am so excited to have a Spring baby! Her name will be Hadley, and we love her so much already! Chris took some great pictures last week. We are due in 6 weeks, and even though it doesn't really feel super close, I know it is right around the corner.

We have some things set- her cradle, some of her clothes, sheets, blankets, etc. I am excited to have a baby shower here in the next few weeks, and do even more organizing. Hadley wont really have a nursery, so her furniture is not the top quality, and there wont be everything coordinating. So much for apartment life. But you know what? I don't really care. She is coming and she will just need us. The rest will come in time, but we didn't want to wait until all of that was available.
Here are some things I look forward to this week and in the next few weeks...

-Going to California this Thursday to attend my sister's wedding in San Diego. I haven't seen my family since I have been pregnant, so I am really excited for that too!
-Birthing classes every Monday! These at times are a little slow, but I do like it, and they have the husbands sometimes massage the wives.

-Coaching soccer is almost over (March 16th) and while I love it- it will be nice not to stay after school and have late evenings.

-Dr.'s appointments- I like to go to them and hear her heartbeat and have the doctor tell me that she is healthy.
-My birthday (March 19th). It is over our Spring Break so Chris and I are going to go to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico! I have wanted to go to these since we moved here.

-My baby shower!

-Seeing my family at Erin's wedding! I also am excited to see my niece, Keiya!

Here are the newest projects of mine...little beaded socks. I haven't sewn as many things lately for our baby, but I went to this botique and saw these crocheted beaded socks like the ones my mom used to make for us. The sell for ten dollars a pair. So I asked my mother to make me some, but I also decided to try and figure out how to do it myself. I took a picture of what mine look like. I wish I could sell mine- so if you want to buy a pair I won't charge ten dollars! Now all I need to do is learn how to make those cute baby bows! I have the ribbons, I just need the time and energy. My mom can also help me with this when she comes out. She used to make bows for us too!




3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Your little belly is SO cute. Great pics! I can't believe your due date is just around the corner. Let me know if you need anything! I feel like we haven't talked FOREVER.

Chris said...

CARRIE!!! hey - this is CHRIS (earnest) STOKES i was honestly - just a few days ago wondering where you were and what you were up to!!! You are married and expecting a little one! that is awsome! congrats on both!!! come over and check us out @ jebnchris.blogspot.com - Yay - i love finding old friends on here!

Ashley said...

Those are such pretty pictures!!! I'm getting so excited too that our due dates are getting so close. :)