Last week was somewhat eventful for us! It started on Sunday of last week when I tried to rush and cut my left index finger open using my fabric rotary cutter. I knew without looking that I would need to go to the hospital. Chris got me a rag to wrap around it and we rushed off in the worst weather we have had in a while. It was pouring and there was lightning with water pooling up in the streets. I had to tell Chris to not worry about me so much and just drive normal. I wasn't bleeding bad since I had the finger wrapped and had been holding pressure to it. But Chris was the sweetest, asking me if it hurt and so concerned about me. I will spare you the ordeal, but about 4 hours later we left the hospital with a bandaged finger and eight stitches. I felt like such a dope because I have used a rotary cutter now since college. I just wasn't paying enough attention, and I was trying to hurry. 
This weekend was a busy one for us, too, as my Saturday was full of coaching and attending soccer games for the high school, and Chris was at an all day class for getting his Concealed Handgun Permit. He recently got a little Rueger LCP handgun and is excited for the next time we get to go to Dallas/Fort Worth so he can shoot it with our friends there. Because our Saturday evening was so full, we celebrated Valentine's on Friday. I allowed him to combine it with our anniversary (Feb. 17th) since the kids also have soccer games that evening. The condition was that he take me to this nice steak restaurant here in town. Afterwards we went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic," which was enjoyable. We got a key lime pie afterwards and had dessert at home. The best part...a whole evening with my husband and sleeping in the next morning! 

As for the pregnancy update, I am going to be 8 months on Tuesday (Feb. 17th). It is getting a bit harder to bend down and move as fast, but I am still pretty active. I like feeling the baby more, and the rash hasn't been too bad the last few nights. I told Chris that I still feel like I enjoy being pregnant, but he says he is excited for me to be done with it and have the baby here!


6 comments:
Wow, you do amazing work. Love the quilt. I love the one at Grandma's.
Wow, I didn't know you cut your finger. is everything fine now??
Sorry about your finger. Gavin cut his hand with my rotary cutter too a few years ago. No fun! I'm glad you're ok. Still sounds like you're keeping busy - thats what helps me get through those last couple of months of pregnancy. Good luck!
Can't wait to see what this little girl looks like too! Sorry to hear about your finger though. That's no fun! Good luck with the last month or so of your pregnancy!
You look so good in those pictures!!! It's so fun talking to you and being pregnant at the same time, I love it!
Hi Carrie! You look adorable preggers...congratulations! I will have to add you to my blog list so we can stay in contact. I can't wait to see pics of your little B!!
Post a Comment