My Sister's Wedding

Monday, March 16, 2009

Two weekends ago (March 7th) I got to go home to San Diego for a quick trip. My sister, Erin got married. It was so fun to see everyone, since none of them have seen me since I have been pregnant. I got to see friends as well as family, and had a blast meeting my sister's new in-laws. I was the pregnant bridesmaid, and it was a lot of fun, but let's face it...when you haven't seen family in a while you end up staying awake during the nights to catch up. And the time zone is 2 hours different. And oh yeah, there was a time change too that weekend. So let's just say I was exhausted at the end! It took me about a week to get back to normal and be able to function. Thank goodness this week is Spring Break.

Okay, so one of the cutest things at my sister's wedding was my almost 4 year old niece, Keiya. She was the flower girl and her little friend, a five year old, was the ring bearer. Well, she thinks he is her friend. He thinks otherwise. She chased him begging for a hug and he scowled and refused. So, she found another friend. This little boy was one that she knows from Arizona, and they were adorable. He let her hold his hand and put her arm around him and they were too cute! Tell me if you think this is one of the cutest pics you have ever seen of little kids!

So, one more thing I really liked...for the little party for my sister we went to this place for desserts called Extaordinary Desserts. They were delicious! And beautiful! I probably did over-indulge a little bit. I bet the pictures of these will make your mouth water!

This is my sister, the bride. She got the merengue-custard fruit tart. I don't think that is the official name of it, though.Yum! This was the strawberry shortcake! Even the flowers were edible (they told us- I still didn't eat them. Why would you when you had the rest of this dessert?)

4 comments:

Allison said...

Erin looks gorgeous - you too! The one of you together looks like your normal body but with a basketball under your dress. (Not as big as a basketball, but you know what I mean?) Anyways, Happy Birthday TOMORROW! I always remember because it's Austins' too! Hope your day is awesome!
Oh, and I thought of you because I saw your mom tonight at Enrichment, she looks great!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! You old fogie. jk. i'll be catching upt to you in a month and a half. By then, you'll have your baby!!! I'm so excited for you! You look so gorgeous! Good luck with the last month, and I hope you have a wonderful birthday at the caverns! Love ya!

Erin said...

Love the pictures! I ate the flowers and they were good too! Can't wait to see you soon and meet my little neice!!

Ashley said...

You guys all look so good! I'm glad you got to be pregnant bridesmaid too, like I did. :) You look really pretty in your dress and I'm glad you had such a fun trip down there!