IT'S A BOY!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I know this post is really overdue...like 4 or 5 weeks, but let's face it, there are only like 5 people that actually read this blog, so my motivation to keep it updated is withering away. And there are a few other things...I went to California for my sister's wedding (previous post), I have been working a part time job (this is something that is fine for me, I get to take Hadley with me and it's as much or as little as I want per week), and I have been planting a garden, dealing with the world's worst allergies, etc. So, the pictures were clear. Little Wyatt flashed us right away and before the technician even told me I thought I saw boy parts. Chris unfortunately didn't get to come with me. He had planned to, but the night before Hadley was up throwing up with a stomach bug, and we didn't feel right about asking anyone to watch her. She was pretty sick and clingy that morning anyways, so Chris stayed with her and I went alone. Chris, and the rest of our families were overjoyed. Neither side seems to have much luck getting boys, and Chris has had a deep fear that he would never have a son.



Hadley knows and understands pretty well about the baby. She now calls all her dolls 'baby brother.' She pats my stomach and says baby, and often she will hug and kiss it. I can ask her, 'where is momma's baby?' And she will point to my belly or pat it. I know she will have a hard time adjusting, as she has become pretty selfish lately, but I also know she will be loving. She is always sweet and gentle to babies, and absolutely loves them. My part time job is at a daycare/preschool, and most of the time Hadley is in the two year old room, but sometimes she comes with me into the older kids' room near the end of the day or into the newborn room with me, and she always wants to give the babies lots of toys and hugs. So the baby's name will be Wyatt Richard Elmore. Chris chose Wyatt, as it is a name he has always liked and hoped to name a son. And Richard is my dear grandfather who is 97. He married my grandmother many years after her first husband, the father of my father, passed away. I never knew that Grandfather, and had thought as a kid that maybe I would pass that name on, but after my Grandmother passed away a few years ago I knew that I wanted to use Richard, so that my grandfather would know that he was always a part of this family, and always our grandpa. I think the two names flow nicely and sound strong. I hope Wyatt will be as loving as my grandfather is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah that is so great. Don't you love putting some family ties into names? I know I do! I think it sounds perfect!

Kat Curtis said...

I love it! It seems like this is the season for boys right now - my little sister is having her first and just found out today it is a boy. Hadley will be great - and I do check on your blog, and love to see what you're up to when you update it. Hope all is well for you guys!

Shar said...

congratulations! his name is awesome!

HammondFam said...

So fun, congrats! That was definitely a boy part....no disputing that! :)

Lissy said...

I guess I'm reader #5 or the commenter to prove more people read your blog than that because I'm sure your family does :) Just wanted to say congratulations again - I love his name! It's cool that you record your reasons and experiences, or maybe you are better at keeping a personal journal than me, but it's cool to share them with friends and family too :) Hope your allergies get better! Maybe eating stuff from your own garden will help. Have you tried local honey?

Ashley said...

Yay, SO exciting for you guys!!! You'll have to call me soon and tell me all about your new job, that sounds great!

Francesca said...

Haha, love that he flashed you! Caden made it difficult for us.

I think having a boy will help your etsy shop too, even though that's probably at the bottom of your priority list. It's hard to find cute boy things!

Kelli and Dana said...

Whoa whoa! I read this blog so that counts:) Congrats, by the way. Looks like Hadley is growing like a weed. I was just remembering when we had her 1st birthday right before Graduation. crazy!