March in California

Monday, March 28, 2011





We went to California for my sister's wedding on March 19th. Hadley and I actually flew out a few days before Chris. While it was a little hectic, with the expected chaos of wedding planning, we got in some fun times at the beach and Sea World. Hadley loved the beach. I didn't bring a swimsuit because it wasn't all that warm, and I thought she would just want to dig in the sand when we went. We brought the sand toys, which she only played with a little bit. She ran straight for the water and was up to her waist before I knew it. We both got soaked, and once I changed her clothes she ran right back in the water. She went through three outfits! It was really fun. My sister and her family came as well as my brother and his fiancee and their dog. Now Hadley has been calling every black dog Kena, my brother's dog's name. The numerous times we drove past the beach Hadley yelled out, "BEACH!!!" And other times, "BATH!!!"



Hadley became more selfish and a tease during this trip. She apparently will have that down when the baby comes in August. My niece is 8 months younger than Hadley and is the biggest Momma's girl I have EVER seen. It didn't help that she was sick with a stomach flu during a chunk of the trip. Hadley would run up to her mom (my sister, Erin) and hug her and turn around to see if Niyah, my neice saw this. It would infuriate Niyah, which made Hadley only hug my sister all the tighter, and laugh. I haven't seen this side of Hadley before. And she made sure to tell everyone what belonged to her, or what she thought did. Every other word out of her mouth was "MINE!" She claimed the slide at the park, the one in my parent's yard, and tried to boss other kids when they tried to use them. Now sometimes I will be driving with just Hadley in the car and she yells, "NO! MINE!" She is a full fledged two year old (she will be two next month). She has an incredible vocabulary, to which everyone comments. She speaks in full sentences quite a lot, and even though she can communicate really well, she has developed this terrible scream that drives us all nuts. We had fun on our trip and will be going back in May for my brother's wedding. This means that for ALL of my sibling's weddings I will have been pregnant. I was due 4 weeks after my older sister's wedding, so I was looking it more than this wedding. But I sure did pop out while in California. I will do a pregnancy post later. I need to take pictures.
Hadley at the park where I used to play as a kiddo.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Hadley is all grown up!! I can't believe she's already speaking sentences too! I hope you guys are doing great in NM! :)

Ben and Laurie said...

Wow, she's growing up. The beach--I'm so jealous. It looks like you had a great time. Are you feeling okay with this pregnancy?