Hadley turned two on April 10th. We had a birthday party at the house for her...Elmo themed. She loves Elmo, even though she has never watched Sesame Street. She's not a tv watcher at all. I made the cake and her birthday shirt, and I took a few pictures, but then my friend came and had a way better camera, so she took the pictures. When I get those from her I will post them.
A few other things worthy of mention, at least to me...Hadley is defenitely a two year old. She screams a terrible ugly scream, doesn't want to share, yells 'no' and 'mine' to other kids for no reason, and has days where she gets picky on eating. Sometimes when she refuses to eat I let her indulge in Spaghettios. She will eat almost an entire can. And then, and she picked this up on her own (Chris and I do not do this), she licks the bowl clean. She loves it!
And yes, I learned that from here on out she will need to eat Spaghetti0s with no clothes on. Her pajama sleeves (even though I rolled them) are stained red.
Despite Hadley's bad behaviors, we still have lots of fun times. When I am not working she takes naps for 2.5 to 3+ hours. My house stays looking decent most of the time because of this. We go to a playgroup every Monday, spend time at the zoo, botanical gardens, and aquarium, and play at the parks.
Here is a little update on our munchkin. She weighs 23 pounds. She has horrible allergies, which are getting more controlled, but her face has been red lately due to that. She likes to try to squeeze into small spaces, which makes her mad when she gets stuck. She has discovered hot dogs and juice and would live off them if we let her. And the spaghettios. She loves anything baby and dolls and likes to sing. She sings in the bath and sometimes to Daddy when he is trying to get her to sleep. She has been off the pacifier for a week now. Maybe before long I can get her off the diaper, too! She is a big trouble maker for sure, but she still melts our hearts!


3 comments:
Owen is doing those same things right now! I guess it really is the age! So fun to see what she's up to since we dont' see you as often as we used to!
Yeah, kids love spagettios and hot dogs. She is darling! She is funny! Wish you both didn't have allergies. They are a pain. Love you all!
I think I have one of those 2-year olds too :) Except I have to add "pinching" to the list.
Adorable pics and what a terrific looking birthday cake!
~kerrie
Post a Comment