Officially A Lawyer!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010


The event happened over 2 weeks ago, but between problems with a worn-out computer and house issues, I am just now finally getting this posted. I had the oppurtunity to go with Chris to his swearing in ceremony to the Bar. He was accepted and sworn in, took the oath, and it is now official. We attended it at the Civic Center and the newest partner from the firm was there to make a motion for his acceptance. Another new hiree like Chris was there from his firm as well. Kind of funny, but his wife's name is Carrie, too. Sounded funny when they introduced us all together.


It was somewhat of a lengthy ceremony, and we left Hadley with a friend. Sounds ridiculous, but it felt a bit like a date. We were all dressed nice, and as we got in the car to go there and walked in the building together, I thought, 'Wow, this is the closest thing to a date that we have had in a long long time.' Kind of pathetic, I know. But when you move to a new place it is hard to find a sitter. Anyways, it was nice to spend the morning with Chris, and it was relaxing to just sit in a chair for a while and listen.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Congratulations! Yeah, it's funny what can feel like a date that you wouldn't have really called a date before you have kids. :)

Unknown said...

Fun! Day dates are great! :)