Today Hadley and I went to the New Mexico State Fair. It turned out to be just the two of us, but we had fun. We left in the morning before it got too hot, and we left in time to get her back for her nap. We enjoyed some lemonade and grilled corn (although I put too much cayenne papper on it). No worries, Hadley didn't eat the corn. Do you see her little Deputy sticker? The police officers gave it to her and she actually kept it on all day!



She liked the horses, and reached forward to touch them, but then would pull away at the last minute. She had a lot of fun at the McDonald's Farm, a little fake farm geared for really young children. She got a basket and was able to 'gather' some eggs and 'pick' some vegetables and fruits. We put her basket down while she got to ride a tractor toy and someone took her basket. I think it was a mistake. I saw the girl toddler and her mom walking off with it in the distance, but thought, 'Oh well. We will finish without it.' Hadley got to sit on a tractor and a wooden horse that was wearing a real saddle. She liked seeing the fake sheep, and mostly just running around grabbing all the fake veggies. She did enjoy the apples that they gave them upon exiting.

She really liked the petting zoo, which took me seriously like 45 minutes to find. And it is not that big of a fair. But they had no signs and no one gave me a map when I walked in. Hadley was getting grumpy by then, but I knew she would enjoy it so we were determined to find it. She actually held out her hand and fed the goats, and she tried to bleat like them, which I was thrilled to hear because every animal she sees she thinks is a dog. She yells out, 'DOGGIE!' and then barks repeatedly. So this was the first animal sound I have heard besides a bark from her.
I think she had a fun day, and even though I only had her to talk to, I had fun with it being just my girl and me.


0 comments:
Post a Comment