Labor Day Weekend

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We had a nice Labor Day Weekend. Our friend, Roberto, came in from Houston to visit. We had a nice picnic with delicious Boston Market Food and felt like a nap afterwards. But we forced ourselves on a lovely hike instead. You would never know it was New Mexico when you get up into these mountains. Hadley had fun during the picnic trying to run away and invade other peoples' picnics. She enjoyed the dirt, and I lost count of how many times we had to fish pebbles and acorns out of her mouth. She fussed quite a bit in the backpack, so almost the entire way down Chris and I took turns just holding her in our arms. But we still had fun!Can you believe this is New Mexico?! Not what used to come to my mind. And it is really pretty close to where we live!

Chris and his friends had a guys night out, had a baby-free hike, and we all got a bit of relaxing in as well. As for our life, we are still house-hunting, and getting more discouraged every day. Chris got news that he passed the bar, and I must brag a bit...he did exceptionally well! I finally found a soccer team to join that plays during the week. Seems that Sunday is a popular day to play, and I told my friends I could play anyday but that one. I am planning on joining a craft fair in October, and am hoping to sell a lot of my etsy shop items there, so I try to sew when I get the chance.

As for Hadley updates, she is almost 17 months. For a while I felt like she was speaking new words a lot- every few days, but it seems to have slowed a little. She said 'up' today when she wanted down- is that really progress? But she also says 'ball' now, and she runs around the house with my soccer ball throwing it down, picking it up, and actually kicking it around too. She thinks it is really funny when I dribble it around her, and she tries to get it away from me. Tonight she really pulled a new one...she was coughing like crazy in her crib and I went in to check on her and she stood up, giggled, and reached for me to let her out. I laid her back down and left and the coughing started up again. Can you say manipulative?

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, those mountains and pine trees really are pretty! I'm glad you get to leave near the mountains like that. :) Looks like such a fun Labor day weekend! Ours was too rainy to do very much!