Chris Shows Texas to his Brothers!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Before we left to Colorado where we spent Christmas, two of Chris' brothers, Nick and Jordan, came out to visit. Chris had finished with his finals and I still had about 2 weeks left of work. The boys flew in and began their trip right away. They visited Austin, San Antonio and Houston. Along the way they made many stops at famous "Texas sites" like the Dr. Pepper factory that still makes the origional recipe of Dr. Pepper and a famous BBQ restaurant that is apparently one of the top 5 in the U.S.

In Austin they visited the state history museum, which is huge and really quite entertaining. Chris and I went two summers ago. But the boys all agreed that their favorite stop was San Antonio, where they stayed in the Mariott at the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is this amazingly beautiful area with shops, hotesl, restaurants and music all along this really pretty river. There are a lot of trees and the river has these little boats that people can eat a meal on, or just float up and down on. Chris said there were Chrismas singers on the boats this time and that the whole area was lit with Christmas lights. I am sure that the pictures just don't do it justice- they never do.



One other thing the boys liked about San Antonio was the mirror maze and lazer game. They were put in a room with lazers that they had to try to get to a certain spot without setting off the lazers. Nick had the best time, and proudly sacrificed his body to get it (He got rug burns from diving and avoiding the lazers). All the brothers agreed that they would love to do this again!


The boys were glad to get back to Lubbock for a little relaxation from driving...until the next morning when we left for Colorado. Chris loved the time with his brothers, and he was thrilled for the chance to get to spend some quality time with them.






2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

I'm jealous - I miss San Antonio. It sounds like they had fun!!

Ashley said...

That looks really fun! You know I'd love the Dr. Pepper factory!