Baby Update!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Here is a recent picture of me and the belly. I am just over 6 1/2 months now, and the doctor said that my measurements and weight are right on target. I feel pretty smashed on the inside, just below the ribs. I know this will only get worse, but I am still enjoying being pregnant. Even though I haven't been sleeping well at night, I still like nighttime. I like to put my hand on my stomach and feel where she is and just relax.

After we got back from Colorado for Christmas I decided to do some sewing. Since we have quite a few newborn outfits from my sister, Erin, Chris suggested I make things in larger sizes. I have a lot of fabric that needs to be used sewn, and Chris says that I can't buy ANY more fabric until I have used up what I have. So I firgured that I had some time- I may as well get some of it used. I made a cute dress and then decided to make a matching cap. Then I had enough fabric that I could make some little bloomers. I followed the pattern, but Chris says they are huge. I tried to explain that they have to fit over a diaper. So, lets hope they fit the baby when the rest of the outfit does. I will have to be patient since the dress is for a baby close to a year old.

I know it is nerdy, but I get such a kick out of putting a little tag in the outfits I make that says "Made by Mom." I am going to be a mom...I feel like I'll have it all- the greatest husband I could imagine and a little baby! With that I can be patient and wait for a house and space for baby and other things that come with a husband done with law school.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl! I LOVE the little outfit you made her! Little girls are the best! :)

The Jessups said...

You look so good, and that outfit is ADORABLE! I LOVE the tag inside-that's really cute. GOSH, I wish I could sew. I got a sewing machine LAST YEAR for Christmas and have yet to use it!

Ashley said...

You look great in your picture!!! I wish I could get a picture of us pregnant together, especially since we're due at exactly the same time. I love the dress you made, it'll be so cute on her!!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

You are so beautiful!

Brandon said...

Carrie, you are such a Martha! Ha! You are going to be an awesome mom, I can tell already. I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

You are really talented at sewing...I'm super impressed! I love how excited you are at being a mom...I still feel that way with my 4th but I'm a lot busier. There is a lot of joy being a mother, that is what you have to remember when they are naughty!

Sarah said...

Chris just sent me your blog address yesterday. I love the little outfit and you are looking adorable! Where did you find the fun tags?

Unknown said...

Carrie, you are so resourceful and talented! Chris is so lucky to have you for his wife! Love, Mom Lisonbee