
We had a very nice Christmas break in Colorado. We spent the holidays with Chris' side of the family and it was so nice that all his siblings could make it. It really was a peaceful time, and the food the entire time was fabulous! Chris' mom really went to town on the meals, and I felt really spoiled. It was fun to play Settlers of Catan, my favorite game that no one here plays me. I still didn't get my fill though, because Chris' siblings aren't quite the fanatics that I am. That is one thing I do love about Christmas time, though. I love going over to the Hofer's house (home of my friend, Ashley) and playing Settlers until late. My siblings play with me, too, but sometimes they all make a pact and gang up against me. Some other things that I loved about Christmas this year were...drinking a glass of egg nog (Chris let me since it was pasteurized), turkey and ham dinners, sleeping in pretty much every day, singing Christmas songs around the piano on Christmas Eve, and watching the home video of a Christmas Eve program in the Elmore home from many years ago.
It was also the first Christmas I ever had that there was snow on the ground. But there wasn't much snow. It really didn't snow while we were there. But it was still different and more wintery to me than Lubbock or San Diego. Although it is fun to go and play outside with your new toys as a kid outdoors in San Diego.It is fun to think that next Christmas we will have our little girl. I am sure the sleeping in will be but a dream at that time, and other changes will surprise us, but we are so excited!
It was fun at Christmas to get a few things for the baby...Shelly (Chris' sister) gave us a little tiny red outfit for the baby and I got a boppy pillow from Mom Lisonbee. My mother also gave me some cute blouses so expand my shrinking wardrobe.
It was fun at Christmas to get a few things for the baby...Shelly (Chris' sister) gave us a little tiny red outfit for the baby and I got a boppy pillow from Mom Lisonbee. My mother also gave me some cute blouses so expand my shrinking wardrobe.
Chris' sister, Shelly, is due with a little girl on January 27th. I was so grateful for the oppurtunity to make her a blessing gown, and it really turned out better than anticipated. I actually just lengthened a dress pattern, even though I have some blessing gown patterns, but I was going for fast since it was spur of the moment. But I was so glad I got to do this. Most people already have one, so I haven't done this before. Now I get to plan on making one for our baby!


0 comments:
Post a Comment