One Week Old!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Wyatt is one week old and I feel like he has already changed! He is busting out of his skin...literally. He is peeling so much all over. He got his first bath today because his umbilical stump fell off, but he is still peeling even after I scrubbed him.Looks like Wyatt may have gotten his daddy's crystal blue eyes! Two for two! But, he is also mostly bald, like Elmore babies are.
Wyatt is sweet-natured (I think more so than Hadley was). He doesn't freak out when having to switch sides for breastfeeding. And he doesn't get mad when he has to get burped. He had his first real bath tonight and he didn't fuss at all. He was calm in the water, and only got a little upset when he got out and had to get dressed. He doesn't even get angry when he has a dirty diaper, unlike Hadley who let you know right away, very loudly and angrily as soon as she had dirtied it.
I feel like in one week Wyatt has changed a ton. His bruising from the fast delivery is gone. His puffy eyes have gone down. And his little nose bridge is becoming more apparent. Last Tuesday at the doctor he was 7 pounds and 5 ounces, and I am sure he is more now, but I won't know until I take him again. It seems his cheeks have filled out a little more, too. I am treasuring every moment with him, and I am so lucky that Hadley isn't jealous so I get to hold him a lot. Hadley is getting her cuddle time in with me, too, and with Wyatt, as she likes to hold him and rub his head.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

He's so cute, Carrie! Congratulations and I can't wait to meet him one day!

Ashley said...

Awww, such a cutie! Love that first photo of him!