Here we are at the Botanical Gardens the same day that Wyatt was born. Actually, labor pains started about this time.
Wyatt was born to our family on Saturday, August 6th. He came out looking just like Hadley, but with a bit of an old man hair style. He doesn't have much hair...I think all our kids will be born pretty bald (thanks to Chris' side of the family). The labor was short...about 4.5 hours. About half of this was spent at the aquarium and the botanical gardens, walking around and timing contractions. About 2.5 hours after we got to the hospital we had Wyatt in our arms. Chris and I had been practicing hypnobirthing, and it was helpful. I was able to have Wyatt drug-free. Was the pain worth it? Not so sure. But it was worth it for the way I felt afterwards! Amazing!


Wyatt was almost one pound larger than Hadley! He was 7.11 pounds. So for all those who kept telling me to put on more weight and were worried Wyatt would be too small...Haha. He was large! I can't tell you how many people told me he was going to be small. But the doctor was never worried, so neither was I. I will admit, though, that I thought he would be about the size of Hadley. He was 19.75 inches long, which is a little shorter than Hadley. He only cried a second when born, and it was a soft and sweet little cry. He came out bruised because he was born fast. I think I pushed like a mad woman because I just wanted him out so bad. One nurse told me while laboring..."Just think, each contraction brings him closer to being in your arms." I replied, "Forget holding him...I just want him out!" And that is pretty much how I felt during the last part of labor.
Below Wyatt is all set to check out of the hospital.
Overall Wyatt is a sweet little guy. A little mixed up on his days and nights, but so sweet. I am getting my cuddle fixes since Hadley wont cuddle me. He is such an eater...poor guy was so hungry and my milk hadn't come in yet, but he has been better since my milk came in. He really likes the swing, and hates to be changed, clothing and the diaper. I just absolutely love him and LOVE having a newborn...despite the lack of sleep and everything that comes along with a newborn.

Shortcuts: press Ctrl with: B = Bold, I = Italic, P = Publish, S = Save, D = Draft more


4 comments:
Congrats!! What a quick delivery! He is a cutie!
Congrats on the drug-free birth! Wyatt is so adorable.
Congratulations! He is beautiful!
Congrats! He is a cutie!
Post a Comment