I was sick right before Christmas, so I didn't get to enjoy all the yummy holiday foods. I had plans to bake all sorts of goodies when Nick was here, but I guess on the upside I didn't get the chance to put on holiday pounds.
Chris and Nick got to see a couple of movies together, and Chris and I even got a date night when Nick volunteered to watch Hadley for an evening. We had a little Christmas tree with some presents, and it was nice and intimate. It was the most low-key Christmas ever, but nice and comfortable in a way too. I will admit, though, that I still look forward to Christmas with lots of family around next year.

Chris and I decided to do an ornament exchange with one another this year. We agreed not to spend more than I think 10 dollars. I stuck to this. I got Chris a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Ornament, which he and his brother promptly identified and Michaelangelo. Chris did not stick to the agreed amount, but I am not complaining. He got me a lovely pewter heart and rose ornament with an engraving of the year, my name and under my name is read, "The Love of My Life." So thoughtful! Hadley loves her doggy pillow pet, and she liked her "Le Corelle" doll with pink hair for a bit but hasn't seemed to care again. She still mostly wants to play with this little fat, mostly nude, and somewhat ugly doll someone gave me for her when she was born. 
Nick left, I ditched Chris and took Hadley to go see family in California, and Chris went back to work. And that was our little family Christmas!


2 comments:
hadley is getting so big! it's been fun to see you all doing so well.
Sometimes the quiet Christmas' are the most memorable. So glad you guys had a lot of fun with Nick. I hope you are feeling better now!
Post a Comment