Well, it may not be a white Christmas here because it came early. The temeratures dropped on Thursday and it rained a lot the whole day. That afternoon it started to snow a little bit and by the evening we had a nice layer forming. I was sick with a cold, so I took a nap and when I woke up it was apparent that it was going to stick. I told Chris on the phone about the snow and he was shocked because by his work there wasn't snow. Hadley woke up from her nap and as soon as she saw through the window she started moaning, "Play...outside." Over and over again. So we bundled up and went outside. Hadley tried to run away from me to the slides, but due to the way I was feeling we only stayed outside for a little while. Overnight the snow piled up more and Friday morning I decided that we could go outside for more time since I was feeling better. I shoveled the sidewalk and the driveway and tried to make the base for a snowman, but it kept crumbling, so I gave up. Hey, I have only made a snowman once...if Chris was there he could have showed me better technique. But we had fun, and Hadley got the hang of walking in boots. She wouldn't smile in the pictures, as usual, but she seriously had a blast and was all smiles for most of the time.
We had to go shake the branches to make sure the weight of the snow didn't break them! This was quite a bit of snow for Albuquerque!
Snowstorm!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Posted by Chris and Carrie Elmore at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hadley is so cute. I can't believe you've only made a snowman once before this! But I guess at the rate that it snows here, maybe the boys will only have a few memorable snowmen before they're grown up too. Your house is beautiful!
I can't believe you got that much snow! Crazy! Hadley is darling.
Post a Comment