The Many Faces of Hadley

Monday, February 15, 2010

Wow! We have been so busy! We are trying hard to secure a loan so we can get a house in New Mexico. We plan on going out there this weekend to look at some that are 'on the list.' It is tough to do this when it is all taking place in another state.

We both have a bad case of...well, I don't know what to call it. It is not laziness. We are working so hard. Every weekend I go out of town with the high school soccer teams to coach. Out of town here means at least a two hour each way travel distance. Chris is studying hard and doing many projects. It is like senioritis, when you are graduation and just are not motivated, but you have to drag your feet and do it anyways. We don't want to wish time away- not in the least. But we are anxious (and that word doesn't even adequately describe how we feel) to start this new life. And of course, still a little sad to be leaving Texas and the wonderful things that are here. I am so excited to be the one to take care of my own baby though and teach her more things.
So, new things with us...Chris is often Hadley's best friend, caring for her every need and playing a ton with her. He taught her to clap and loves to pretend to throw her on the bed and pick her up upside down. It is so fun to hear her squeal. Luckily he has been healthy, and Hadley, too.

Me- I have been fighting a sinus infection. I think I have officially won, now. I also am in the process of an unexpected root canal, therapy for a slightly torn ligament in the knee, just to name a few things. Crazy busy, and still trying to play soccer myself on a few teams.

Hadley is the highlight of everything in our lives. I leave the house with her on my mind, and spend every minute away counting down the hours until I can be back with her and Chris again. She can pull herself up on ANYTHING now. And she loves to let go and just balance standing. She is never afraid to land on her well padded bum. We have yet to see her try to take steps. For now she likes to just balance. She thinks standing up on the chairs/pews at church is the greatest. And since the people behind her think it is so cute, she squeals and acts like even more of a ham. She thinks unpacking her diaper bag and pulling CD's out of the shelves is the most fun thing ever. And she loves to eat real food. So far her favorite is Shepard's Pie- a big combination of meat, potatoes and veggies. She smears it all over and almost inhales it! She likes to eat pasta, too. She wont really use a sippie cup, but she loves to use a straw in a cup. She drinks so much she starts to choke, but she always comes back for more. The other day she drank so much that in about an hour and a half she completely peed through an outfit- something she hasn't done in...well, I can't even remember!
She has seven teeth now, and when she gets over excited she tries to bite! We have been working on letting her know that that is NOT OK! We have had such a blast with all the funny things she does. Our friends who help us watch her taught her the fish face. Chris got some GREAT shots of her doing this! He also got a few ones of her trying to dress herself (or rather- eating her clothes while she was trying to put them over her head).

Well, I know this blog really has overdone it on the Hadley updates, but to me it is so exciting! It is funny, though, how it all seems to original, yet my friends who have babies around the same age are doing about the same things. Oh well, it is still exciting.

Wish us luck this weekend as we try to find a house! I will post pictures when we find one!

3 comments:

Lissy said...

It's definitely exciting to watch her grow. Hope you are feeling better! I have had several root canals last fall, and it wasn't so bad - but I had totally been in pain for some time beforehand so it was a major relief. Battling a sinus infection now too. Hadley is so cute - love the fish faces! I bet you are the funnest mom even when you're tired. Hope everything goes great with the home hunting!

Francesca said...

No matter how many moms blog about their babies, it never gets boring, because each baby is different. It's always exciting to read about their progress and cute quirks!

The Jessups said...

Her little faces are ADORABLE!