Photo Session!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I just got some new pictures taken of Hadley. So much has changed with her since my last post and since her last pictures (at 6 mo.)! Actually, a lot has changed with our little family! As I write, Chris is in New Mexico with a realtor! We are able to buy a home and get the first-time home buyers $8,000 rebate. So he is checking out some areas and a few houses. We are planning on going out there together over Spring Break. And I just keep thinking that in about 4 months we will be moving into our own home!


This place (portrait innovations) took such great photos and I was so happy with everything! They captured so many great shots. Hadley was really happy because I took her right after she woke up and ate. That is her happiest time!

Is every mom as enamored of their child as I am? Everyone still claims that she looks just like Chris.

So, this weekend has been a great one- despite Chris being gone and us missing him! Schools were shut down on Friday and classes cancelled because of this great snow storm! I haven't seen snow like this since Utah. Lubbock actually looked beautiful! The ponds are refilled and the trees looked amazing cloaked in ice! It was so majestic! I snapped a few pictures on my phone. Lubbock is not used to things like this so school was cancelled. Then on Saturday the soccer games were cancelled. Hadley and I have just hung out and it has been so wonderful to just take care of her. She stands up now on her own and walks slowly around things. The other day I was putting her down for a nap and she kept fussing in her crib. We just let it go for a while and I ignored her, but after a while I decided to open the door and check. She was standing up (this was the first time she had pulled herself up in her crib). Apparently she was trying to get our attention- she was so proud of herself. Her little accomplishments like this are so exciting and I love to see how she is so proud of her little achievements! We made a big deal of her standing in her crib and clapped and it made her squeal with delight! It is so fun!

I didn't have any plans to do any Valentine's Day shots, but the photographer came up with this one and since it is so close to Valentine's Day I just thought it was so perfect! And yes, I am waiting for the day when Hadley can wear bows clipped into her hair instead of these headbands that she lately tries to rip of and destroy. That's my angel!

8 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Carrie, the pictures of Hadley are beautiful! She is so sweet. I didn't know you guys were moving- is Chris graduating already? So, does that mean that he's found a job in NM? How exciting that you'll be buying your first home. We're about to start the house hunting adventure too. I can't wait! I'll be checking on updates of your experience. Good luck!

Kat Curtis said...

Great pictures! She is such a cute little girl. I love it! Congratulations on house hunting! I hope you find something you love. :)

Ashley said...

Awww, I love those pictures! I'm taking Natalie in this next week for her 9 month photos, and I hope I get ones as cute as you did!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new house! And that is awesome that Hadley can pull herself up to standing in the crib. Natalie doesn't do that yet! Funny that Natalie crawled first, but Hadley stands up first. I'll bet Hadley will walk before Natalie will!

Ruth said...

Such beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the move and new house and everything - how exciting!

Lissy said...

Love the pictures! Hadley is adorable. Congratulations on your new adventure - so exciting!

April said...

That picture with Hadley in the tub with the duckie is cute! And I absolutely LOVE her sitting in that heart! I may have to borrow that idea for our V-day photo shoot! The idea, though, of getting both boys to sit still inside that heart sounds rather impossible, though!

HammondFam said...

What a cutie! She does look like her daddy! Madison looks like her daddy too!

Ginny said...

Wow- great pictures of adorable Hadley!