Wow. Babies do grow too fast! Hadley now has two little chompers on the bottom. She looks like such a sweet angel- but the other night when Daddy tried to put her down to sleep she got angry and lunged. She bit him! I wouldn't believe it, but my sister, Alyssa, who came to visit, agreed. She was here to witness. Where did she learn this?
My sweet sister, Alyssa was driving with my brother and some friends from Kentucky back to California a little less than two weeks ago.
They stopped in to stay the night since they were only about an hour and a half away one evening. I was so excited! Well, Alyssa and I got to talking and we thought it would be fun for her to stay for awhile. She just left today, but she got to spend a lot of time with Hadley. And I must say, Hadley loved her! Alyssa made her laugh so much, and we even had to talk to Alyssa a bit about spoiling the baby too much! But every baby deserves a little spoiling now and then- right?
Alyssa and I actually got to have a day out to ourselves also! We played mini-golf here in Lubbock and got to enjoy some quality sister time!
And as for Chris and I we are plugging along. We live for the weekends- when we have a little bit of family time. With Alyssa here we actually got out and went on two dates! (Actually, I missed Hadley a lot during the second one because I hadn't gotten to be with her much due to work). I am now half way done with the coaching of one sport for the year. The more demanding of the two.
Some new things with the baby that we are having fun with here:
-Outdoors. Hadley loves to be outside. That is always the quick fix to grumpiness. Alyssa and Hadley spent a lot of time on a blanket outside on the lawn.
-Her new fun center on loan from Marissa (our friend who watches her). Her favorite is the musical keys that she hits to make noise and light up.
-Watching Hadley try to crawl. I don't think it will be too soon just yet, but it isn't too far off, either!
-Eating baby food! She started on some rice cereal a few weeks back, but mostly just in the bottle. We have done baby food for a few days now, and Hadley gets real excited to eat it! It is nasty when she pukes that up, though!
Watch Out! She Bites!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Posted by Chris and Carrie Elmore at 9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Just wait until she gets her top teeth in -- then she will chomp like a beaver! Ouch! Looks like you all are doing so well!
She is just so cute!! Mom told me about her attack on Chris....but she looks so sweet! She just knows what she wants! Can't wait to see you in December!! (Hopefully we get to as long as our little one comes a couple days early!!!)
What a beautiful girl! I firmly believe babies are cute as a form of survival - when they do all the things they do (because they don't know any better yet) we forgive them and forget the worst so easily because they follow it up with cuteness, and sweet innocence. Seriously, isn't it so fun to watch her grow! It's definitely happening too fast.
Post a Comment