Well, Chris is in Houston and I get to go join him here in a few weeks. First I have to learn to drive a bus. Yep, that's right. The school district here makes the coaches learn to drive school busses (yellow dogs) so that we can transport our teams to games. And since nothing is near us and our district is large we have to drive hours sometimes for the games. I have been putting this off and now I have to do it. So my mom is out here again to watch Hadley while I go for 3 days of 8 hour behind the wheel training sessions.
Hadley sure is growing! She still has skinny little legs, though. She is just under 8 pounds now. Here is her daily routine: She wakes up and eats. She lays on her mat with little toys hanging in her face for an hour or two and kicks her legs and makes adorable noises. She has even started to smile just a bit!
Sometime she goes in the swing for a bit, but she really just enjoys entertaining herself on her mat. She sometimes falls asleep for a short nap on her mat. We got on an errand some days and she usually sleeps in her carseat.
If we need just a few items we take a walk to Walmart down the street. Sometimes we got feed the ducks at a pond nearby just so we can get out and get a little exercise. 
Once back in the house Hadley finishes her nap while I get something to eat. I know she is growing a lot because she has been eating a few times a day about 2 hours apart- sometimes less. And at night it has been 4 hours- which it used to be 5-6. Sometimes I start to feel worn out with all the feedings! But no complaints, I enjoy this girl and everything that comes with her to pieces!
Hadley's newborn outfits- the ones that are 5-7 lbs are starting to get too short and tight for her! I think after this week I will have to pack them away. But if my sister has a girl (she is due in December) then I will send them to her, if she has a small baby.
My friend Denise came out to visit from Washington D.C. She wanted to be sure to see Hadley when she was still new- since the next time we will see one another is at Christmas. She is totally enamored of Hadley. But who wouldn't be once those big baby eyes lock with yours?
While Denise was here my brother, Jeff and his friend, Casey stopped by for an evening. They were driving to North Carolina where Jeffrey will work for the summer and they were so kind to take a route through Lubbock so Jeff could meet Hadley. Hadley really liked both of them, and her little expression when Jeff was holding her was too cute! We all went to a Memorial Day picnic that our church held. It was a really fun day and such a special to treat to have them out here!


Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Posted by Chris and Carrie Elmore at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
How fun. Seriously, Hadley is adorable. Good luck with the bus driving thing. That would scare the living daylights out of me to drive a school bus. I drove a huge U-Haul truck from Boise and San Antonio a few years ago and that was interesting. I'd be a bit more worried if I had a bunch of teenagers on board!! :)
She is SO precious! What a cute uncle Jeff is. :)
What a gorgeous baby girl! How fun to have family out to visit.
That Jeff picture is awesome! Hadley looks so excited to see her uncle. You've got one cute little girl there Carrie!
Post a Comment