My little baby is now one month old! I have always grown up around babies, so there are a lot of things that are not new to me, but here are a few things that I didn't know before...
-Even shortly after a shower I constantly smell like sour milk. Chris has even requested (politely, of course) that I wear body spray.
-Babies only smell nice because of lotions. (Okay, they smell nice from soap right after a bath, too) A scent of bathroom stench often accompanies my little angel.

-This baby will scratch her face no matter what I do. She has learned that if she gets the hand with the mitten up to her mouth and puts it in and jerks it she can get the mitten off.
-Almost nothing feels as nice as snuggling up with your baby and seeing that contented look on
her face.
her face. Hadley has changed a lot in her short little life so far. Here are some of the newest changes with her...
-She holds her pacifier while sucking it. Sometimes when falling asleep she jolts and accidently pulls it out and then she gets angry.
-She laces her fingers together under her face when eating. It is the cutest thing!
-She is now just over 7 pounds!
-She now likes bath time! She gets one every night because she gets stinky every day!
-She no longer has to be woken up to eat. She eats all the time!
I am enjoying mother hood and my time off of work. Hadley is usually pretty good. She usually wakes up screaming and angry, but once she eats she is fine. She'll sit on the play mat and entertain herself pretty well, but if she has her pacifier and it falls out she grunts and moans until someone sticks it back in. We can play this game for quite a while and it does get exhausting. So we try to just not give it to her at these times, but sometimes it is the only thing that calms her down. She has this funny worried look (posted here) that makes me think of Chris- it is the "I'm stressed" look. She'll do it for no reason at all numerous times a day. 



4 comments:
I love the picture of Hadley sleeping on you. Absolutely adorable!
Too cute!!
What adorable pictures!!! I love the stressed/concerned look! I don't think I have ever seen a baby make such a grown up little face. Too Cute! I am countin the days until you guys visit!
Hadley is so darling! She is growing fast! Glad you are doing so well. Love, Mom
Post a Comment