Two Months Old!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My sweet baby is now 2 months! She gets to see her daddy again in just two more days. This baby has truly captured my heart. I just can't give her enough kisses during the day, and I love to kiss those little toes, that belly, those chubby cheeks...She has started to try and smile now. Sometimes she gets it pretty well. Today she gave me a huge one and her eyes lit up huge and joined in on the smile, too. It is the most wonderful feeling in the world to have your baby smile so big at you, and I know she means it when she worked hard to get it out! I absolutely love to have her with me all day- every day.


I love to give her a bath in the evening and watch her skinny little legs kick about in the water. Anytime the water comes up near her mouth her little tongue goes in and out of her mouth a bunch and she likes it when she gets a little bit.

My sweet mother came for quite a bit and watched Hadley for 3 days. I now am certified to drive a commercial motor vehicle. I have 2 endorsements. I spent three days driving around Lubbock in a huge bus, learning to do turns, parallel park, backing up, 3 point turns, etc. And I took the test and passed! I secretly wished I had failed because then I might be able to weasel out of driving the kids, but the instructor told me that if I failed I would have to take a 4th day to try again. So I guess I was relieved to finish the third day.

I feel like my summer has officially started now that those tests are out of the way. I can enjoy my two months and the time I get to spend with family and friends!

7 comments:

Shar said...

Hi Carrie!! I stumbled on your blog as I was going through all the people's blogs from back home. I'm so glad I found yours! Congratulations on your adorable girl! email me at sharleneabreu@hotmail.com if you'd like to keep in touch. hope you're doing well.

Francesca said...

Congrats on passing your test! The idea of you driving a huge bus is a little funny, I admit. jk

Hadley is just precious!

Ashley said...

She is so cute! Aren't baby smiles just the BEST? Natalie is really, really smiley and I love it more than anything! I can't believe you're a bus driver now, that's awesome. I can't wait to see you soon! And yes, we'll be in San Diego June 25'th until July 6'th.

Brandon said...

Carrie driving a bus!? Look out Lubbuck! Ha. Just kidding. I'm sure you'll do fine. Hadley is adorable and I can't wait to see her in person! As a matter of fact, I'm sure I'll be seeing you in just a couple days! Have a safe trip.

Allison said...

Hadley is looking so adorable! I'm excited to meet her this weekend!!
Congrats on passing your test - I had no idea you wanted to be a bus driver!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing your bus test. Hadley is darling! Love, Mom Lisonbee

Corbo and Trav Hanson said...

Hadley is HUGE!!! She's starting to look like a little person rather a newborn baby. CUTE! How are you? Are you in Houston? Those marshmellows are seriously a mad sugar rush-ha!!! I hope all is well