So, my family left (for a while) and this baby stuff is all up to Chris and I now. I must admit, it was nice to feed the baby and then hand her off to my mom or sister to burp, change, put to sleep, etc. And it was wonderful to have my mom make us meals and clean up. I'm not trying to make her sound like our maid, we did get out and have fun, too.
Things have been great overall though. Wednesday night Hadley slept for 7 hours! Now, you might think, 'wow, that's not fair. She is so lucky to have a baby at less than 3 weeks old sleeping like that.' Well, not really. And it hasn't happened again- not even close. Wednesday afternoon my mom left. Hadley was super grumpy all day and refused to fall asleep for naps. I tried everything I could think of, but the girl did not want sleep. So finally at night when she fell asleep she actually stayed asleep. Chris asked me during the night if I should wake her to feed her. Ha! No way. I knew she needed as much sleep as she could get because she got next to none during the day.
Other than feeding, changing and burping the baby, and the occassional store trip, there isn't much new here. I tried to join two soccer teams and wanted to play this weekend in some games, but Chris gave me a big fat NO on that. So I regretfully had to call the teams and tell them to take my name off the rosters. I was going to start out slowly, but oh well. I guess after the summer I can try to start up again.
Here my sister Alyssa and I were enjoying the new baby. Alyssa loves babies more than anyone I have ever known. We call her a baby hog, but really, she was great with Hadley. I must say, though, I have never known anyone who can sleep through things like she can!
And here is also a picture of the proud grandma! I know it is not as recent as the others, but we will have to get some more of my mom and the baby when she returns. 
Friday, May 1, 2009
Posted by Chris and Carrie Elmore at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
It is really hard when family leaves, I feel for ya! My mom will leave this Tuesday and I'm nervous for that. Good luck! 7 hours of sleep. . . I really AM jealous!!! Kirsten was kind of like that too. She would sleep long stretches at night but she didn't take good naps at all during the day and I'd spend all day long trying to get her to sleep.
Post a Comment