I have wanted to go to the Nutcracker for many years, and I finally got the chance! Chris took me last Saturday. The only event similar to this that I have previously experienced is when I was in Cuba (2003- I think). I went with some study abroad friends to the ballet, El Lago de Los Cisnes (Swan Lake). It was at the National Theatre (Teatro Garcia Lorca) in La Havana, Cuba, but since I was with a group of students we had a cerfew and had to leave at intermission. I am not a huge ballet enthusiast, but I was disappointed that we had to leave.
This time I got to see the whole production of the Nutcracker. It was so fun to go out to dinner and the performance. Chris stayed awake the whole time, which made me happy, because he told me a few days before that he was going to sleep during it.
The baby liked it too because when the orchestra was playing the music she was kicking a lot. Most of the time I don't feel her very strongly, but she was strong during the Nutcracker. I tried to slouch so maybe she would stop, but she kept wiggling. Maybe she liked the music.


4 comments:
Ooo fun! What a thoughtful gift.
oh just get ready..she will get kicking lots more...
Way to stay awake Chris! I am glad the three of you enjoyed it so much! You looks so darling, Carrie. You are amazing...sewing PJ's for everyone! Wow. We will see you tomorrow! We are looking forward to this very much! Love, Mom Lisonbee
Wow--I didn't even know you were expecting!!! That shows you how much everyone tells me! Congrats!! You look great! Love ya!
Post a Comment