I know it is passed, but I wanted to include some pictures of this past summer. We went to Peru and fulfilled one of my life dreams to do a trek in Peru and see the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. I put a bunch of pictures on Facebook, so I will just put a few here, but we had decided together that we would do a large vacation before we had kids. We spent a few days in Cusco, which used to be the heart of the expanisve Incan Empire. We saw a bunch of ruins around Cusco and then we hiked a trek for about 4 days through the Urubamba Valley. We ended our trek near Aguas Calientes, which is the gateway to Machu Picchu, the mountaintop and somewhat mysterious city built by the Incas. It was a wonderful vacation, and it was fun to speak Spanish the whole time. We made friends, and well, I plan on returning there one day to see all the other parts that we didn't get to this time!

Silly as it may sound- one of the highlights was holding Pancho- the smoking and beer drinking monkey!





2 comments:
Sweeeeet! I'm so glad you've entered blogland. It really is the best way to keep in touch, and of course you don't have to have kids to have a blog. But now that you ARE having one, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He's gonna be a soccer player.... that's my guess. Can't wait to hear!
Hi Carrie! I'm so glad I found your Blog. I just saw your mom the other day and she told me you were expecting - CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing trip you were able to go on. I'd love to go there someday. I love your quilt too. Great job! I think you're having a boy. You'll have to post when you find out!
Post a Comment