Well, this is my first attempt at the whole blogging thing. Chris and I have been doing great! He has 2 internships this summer in Houston, so between visiting family, I will be in Houston. The best news EVER is that I am expecting in April! I am 4 1/2 month along. The due date is April 16th.
I actually always said that I didn't want to have a blog until we have children, especially since we don't take many pictures here in Lubbock. So now that I am closer to that, we decided to start.
Here is a little summary on us to start the blog off...Chris and I got married somewhat over a year and a half ago. We truly are the best match for one another, even though we both have different hobbies and interests at many times. Chris is in law school at Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas. That is now the home of the #2 football team in the nation for those of you that follow football! I teach first year Spanish and coach volleyball and soccer at a high school here in town. It keeps me very busy! In my free time (when and if I have it) I play soccer on indoor soccer teams, sew and enjoy cooking and baking. Chris loves movies, going to the huge rec center on campus to work out, and when we get a chance we meet up to play some raquetball or tennis together. We also like visit the local ponds here and feed the ducks and geese bread. They all crowd around us and honk for the food. They come right up to you and will even take it out of your hand! If you have ever wondered where the Candadian geese fly when they go South for the Winter, well, here is one place. They crowd our ponds and really are beautiful birds! But do you know what I think of when I look at one of those beautiful plump birds? I think of eating it for Thanksgiving! Isn't that terrible?
Here is a little summary on us to start the blog off...Chris and I got married somewhat over a year and a half ago. We truly are the best match for one another, even though we both have different hobbies and interests at many times. Chris is in law school at Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas. That is now the home of the #2 football team in the nation for those of you that follow football! I teach first year Spanish and coach volleyball and soccer at a high school here in town. It keeps me very busy! In my free time (when and if I have it) I play soccer on indoor soccer teams, sew and enjoy cooking and baking. Chris loves movies, going to the huge rec center on campus to work out, and when we get a chance we meet up to play some raquetball or tennis together. We also like visit the local ponds here and feed the ducks and geese bread. They all crowd around us and honk for the food. They come right up to you and will even take it out of your hand! If you have ever wondered where the Candadian geese fly when they go South for the Winter, well, here is one place. They crowd our ponds and really are beautiful birds! But do you know what I think of when I look at one of those beautiful plump birds? I think of eating it for Thanksgiving! Isn't that terrible?
Well, I am putting some pictures of our growing addition here, and I just can't wait for a few more weeks when we find out what this little gift from heaven is. You can guess- what do you think it is... a boy or girl? My family has requested that I post pics here so they can see how I am growing. Really, this is a dream come true, and I am soooo EXCITED!
I have also been doing some sewing in preparation for the baby. I made this adorable quilt, and although it is unisex, it definitely leans more to the boy side. The pics don't really show all the fun detail, but it has little duckies on it, and I just love it!







4 comments:
Yeah for a blog!! Ours is jessupfamily.blogspot.com Stop by!
I'm glad you have a blog now! I'm sure you'll get TONS of stuff to post about after you have the baby. :) I'm going to guess you're having a girl too since I am and we're due at the exact same time!
yeah--finally you are bloggers!!! wow, it's taken y'all all too long to get into the blogging world.....p.s. are you still going to Dallas for Thanksgiving?! ha ha ha Chris, we are planning on seeing a movie after we eat if you are interested. I guess Carrie won't be joining us for ALL The FUN! :) Have I convinced you to stay yet--didn't think so.
corboandtrav.blogspot.com hook it up friends!!!
SO CUTE!! You finally have a little tummy. I love your quilts too! Can't wait to hear what you guys are having!!
Post a Comment