Wyatt turns 11 months in two days. These pictures are from when he was 9 months, but honestly, I think he still looks about the same. He may have a tiny bit more hair now, but he is still very bald. He babbles and screeches all the time, but has somewhat of a soft yet still high-pitched voice. He scoots everywhere on his belly, even though he is capable of crawling. He has done it a few times, and still prefers to scoot. This seems to be a pattern for him. That's what he did with rolling. He showed us he knew how, and then wouldn't do it again for a long time.
He tries to pull up on things...as of just this week. He gets halfway up the couch and screams because he is stuck and can't stand up the rest of the way. For about a week now he scoots over the stairs and puts his hands on the first one and sort of stands and screeches if Hadley and I go upstairs without him. Today Chris told me he got all the way up on the first stair and was starting the second. I guess the baby gates will have to be brought out from the garage soon. Too bad!
Wyatt likes to pull my hair now. He still laughs at Hadley over most anything. He has been sleeping through the night now for a week for every night but two. Well, we assume he is. At 10 months we felt he is well and capable, so all the doors get shut and it he cries, well, we must not be hearing him. He has had two nights where he did cry and I heard him, so I got up and fed him, but the rest of the nights have been uninterrupted. Chris wanted to do this sooner, but I was so reluctant because it makes me dry up faster for breastfeeding. But I have to say, it is nice sleeping through the night more often now!
Wyatt is "less mature" as Hadley was at this age according to Chris. And I guess I do agree. He takes longer to reach some of these developmental milestones, but there is no doubt that he is reaching them. He isn't a needy baby at all, but Hadley started off so independent, that it is so different for us! He really is still quite easy, and everyone notices it. But he is doing what many babies start doing between 6-8 months. So he just takes his time. He does say "Momma" now, though, and that makes me happy. He waves hi and goodbye sometimes.
I think Wyatt and Hadley have a special little relationship. She likes to let me know when he has woken up from naps, and she enjoys going in to his room to greet him. She tickles him and blows raspberries on his belly. She even tries to change his diapers once in a while and gets mad when he wiggles and squirms away from her.
This little man has a special place in our hearts. His smile and happy demeanor bring such joy to our home. His fuzzy bald head probably gets rubbed a dozen times a day by us, and his chubby cheeks covered with kisses. Hadley does on occasion tease him, a true older sister. But it doesn't usually last long. You can see an example of this below. She got sick of having her picture taken and decided it was more fun to stick pebbles down Wyatt's shirt. Had to capture that one!








3 comments:
He is such a Chris look-a-like! So cute! Love these new pictures! Glad to see you all are doing well!
Carrie - those pictures are darling! It is crazy to think that Hadley was so little when you guys moved and to think of how fast time has flown. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer! :)
Great pictures! Your kids are so cute! Love to hear about your sweet family :)
Post a Comment