Two Month Old Baby!!!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My sweet Wyatt is two months old today! He had his checkup and boy, he is different than Hadley! He weighs 12 lbs. 10 oz and is in the 78% for weight. Hadley has always been consistently in the 25%. He is 23 inches long, which is in the 50%, and his head is 15.75 inches and is in the 20%. The doctor commented on what a chunker he is. He did not get shots, so it was just a check-up and he will go back at 4 months. I always thought my kids would be a bit skinny as babies since Hadley was. But this kid is an eater!He is a sweet baby, and a little on the needy side. He loves to snuggle and be held, and I know, I indulge him in this too much. But it is so much more fun to hold my little man than do chores that need to be done! He has been smiling for about a week now, and if we are lucky, he may give us a little giggle here and there. He is starting to try to 'talk' with us and coos.
He has a special relationship with his daddy. Chris is good about giving both the kids one on one time with him. On the weekends he and Hadley go to Costco together. They have a blast and often share a smoothie or churro. And when I play soccer during the week Chris puts Hadley down for bed and hangs out with Wyatt. I come home to him holding Wyatt (sometimes because he is being needy and just plain wants to be held).
Wyatt has started to sleep better in the last week or so! He goes down late still, around 10:30 or 11, and he has been sleeping until 3am or 3:30. It is heaven! He then wakes up for another feeding around 6am.
We are SO grateful for this amazing blessing in our lives! I feel so lucky to spend my days with my two kiddos. I had some conflicting feelings for the first few weeks of Wyatt's life, but now that I have been able to get back into my routine of playing soccer, running and an occasional girls night out, I feel more settled. And Wyatt has been establishing a routine, too. He naps around the same time everyday, and the nights aren't as bad.

3 comments:

mylyn wood said...

he is adorable, what an angel baby! I can't believe you are back into a routine already! It took me MONTHS! Good for you!

Francesca said...

You're right, he is a chunker! I love his smile. And you aren't indulging him too much.

Ben and Laurie said...

Wow, he's really growing. I love the smiles. What a sweetie!!