Ah- so finally Hadley and I returned from our vacation! Chris is working now, and I am officially staying at home. Now is the time when I would be going to back-to-school meetings, and apparently it is a good thing I am not trying to get a job here, because they have laid off tons of teachers and are currently in a hiring freeze!My vacation was nice, but it was also a rough one. Family time was wonderful, nothing rough there. My visit included a hospital and urgent care trip for myself, some much needed rest, a fun high school reunion, catching up with friends, and some late nights playing games! I was taken care of by my mother like I was a child again. She made me soup, gave me medicines, made me tea, and even cancelled her work so she could watch my child for me. And one night when Hadley was difficult and not sleeping (it only happened twice) she and my dad took her and let me go to sleep.
It does seem I get sick when I fly. I can teach high school and not get what is going around. Chris would come home from the law school sick and I wouldn't catch it from him, but flying gets me almost every time.
So far back at home we are just settling in. Laundry, unpacking, organizing, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. I LOVE being able to make decent dinners. Today I started around 4 to make a delicious Spanish-style pizza that was ready near 7. Chris and I have been eating dinners from a new cookbook- The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. I love that I can spend time preparing a meal that take more time and energy. We are going to get back into the routine of things here, and even start to house-hunt! Below are some random pics from vacation. The first is Hadley and Cash- our friend's from college little kiddo- just a few months older than Hadley.
Alex, one of my former students made us a wonderful dinner while in Utah. She is going off to college now!
My sister, Alyssa, and Hadley in Sea Port Village in San Diego. Hadley wasn't too thrilled about the bird, but had it been a dog...that would have been different. She loves dogs!
I am old! I went to my 10 year high school reunion and met up with my friend that I went to elementary, middle and high school with! Seeing Tina was a highlight of the night!
And Jade! I played field hockey and soccer through high school with her! She still looked so very much the same!
This one was taken in Missouri. Hadley's cousins were reading to her at bedtime. So cute!
Hadley stole the piece of chocolate that my grams had given to me on my way out the door and shoved it into her mouth before I knew what to do. Little girl likes chocolate- like her momma!
Alex, one of my former students made us a wonderful dinner while in Utah. She is going off to college now!
My sister, Alyssa, and Hadley in Sea Port Village in San Diego. Hadley wasn't too thrilled about the bird, but had it been a dog...that would have been different. She loves dogs!
I am old! I went to my 10 year high school reunion and met up with my friend that I went to elementary, middle and high school with! Seeing Tina was a highlight of the night!
And Jade! I played field hockey and soccer through high school with her! She still looked so very much the same!
This one was taken in Missouri. Hadley's cousins were reading to her at bedtime. So cute!
Hadley stole the piece of chocolate that my grams had given to me on my way out the door and shoved it into her mouth before I knew what to do. Little girl likes chocolate- like her momma!


2 comments:
She is SO cute Carrie! :)
Hadley's outfit is so cute!
Post a Comment