A Day at Balboa Park

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yesterday we had such a wonderful day! After finally giving in and going in to the doctor here I found that I did indeed rupture my eardrum on the flight out here. (I screamed on the plane when it happened and was in so much pain. I'm sure people thought I was a nut case). I also am in the beginning stages of a sinus infection among other things. So, that was no good. But after we found that out I once again drugged myself so I could cope for a while and we headed out to San Diego. We met up with my grandparents at Balboa Park. I used to play there as a child- as did my mother when she was growing up. We rode the kiddie train and the carousel. Hadley has so much fun and aside from the sickness, it was pretty blissfull. We went to the grandparent's house afterwards and ate a nice rib dinner and played games. So fun!
Grandma gave me a chocolate as I was leaving and Hadley saw it in my hand as I was buckling her in her seat. She swiped it out of my hand and shoved it in her mouth before I knew what was going on. Do you think she enjoyed it?


I know my little one is not smiling in these photos, but she really did have a ton of fun. She was squealing on the carousel...it is just really hard to capture it on the camera with her. It's like she goes serious.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww, so fun! I WISH we were already there in San Diego so we could have gone to Balboa Park with you. I miss you lots!

Francesca said...

Sorry about the ruptured eardrum!