And The Countdown Begins

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I now have 20 days (that is 4 weeks) until I am done with this job! I have been so lucky to have gotten it as soon as we got here, and it overall has done me well. I got to coach- a lot. I even coached a sport I knew very little about previously. Volleyball. While I gained more respect and knowledge of the sport, I have decided I still don't care for it. Watching it on t.v. during the olympics will be about as far as I go.

I will get to spend more time with my baby girl! And speaking of that baby girl- she is getting to be a little toddler. She walks a lot now- and everyday it is more. She can turn as she is walking, and she gets upright into a standing position just fine now with no support. She eats great- just about anything, and has a ton of teeth! She has a molar coming in, which I know is giving her a lot of pain. I think this is tooth #10. She bites sometimes and thinks it is funny. We don't laugh, but she will toddle over and gently bite our knee. Usually we pull away fast enough, tell her no, and move her away from us and the most we get is a slobber mark. And she smiles and thinks it fun. Well, last night she walked over to me and without anywarning took a taste of my shin. OUCH! Well, I yelped and gave her a little flick on the mouth and said no. She was screaming and crying all over the place and I pulled up my pants and sure enough- a little bite size bruise was forming. Well, I doubt that will be the end of the biting, but she didn't even attempt it today on either Chris or I.

On a happier note, we took her to the park today- there was a break in the crazy windiness here and we knew she needed to get out. I have been sick this weekend so I pretty much laid around while she played indoors. As soon as we pulled up to the park she started kicking her legs with excitement. We pulled her out of the car and Chris put her upon her shoulders and she was squealing with delight! She loves getting outdoors and going to the park. Even though the only thing she really likes is the swing and trying to eat pebbles. I think we got some great pictures today that shows how happy she is at the park.
As for our happy little family- Chris' finals are upon him and graduation will soon be here. Our little apartment is in boxes, and we will hopefully be moving into a house before the year is over! I am really excited to start house hunting once we move!

0 comments: