We had a nice birthday get together for Hadley on Saturday. I took Friday off so I could be with her more and bake her cake. I made some snacks and the cake on Friday, ran errands, and got to play lots with Hadley. Then on Sunday Hadley and I went to the park- the same one again where he party was held. We tried out her new bucket and shovel and the swings. It was so much fun. During her party some friends tried to take her on the swings but they were so hot that she cried and came back all red and sweaty. So Sunday was an overcast day. She loved it all, and during the moment that I took my eyes off her to turn on the camera she started to eat sand. I noticed the corner of the her mouth had grass and a few pieces of sand.Hadley ate her half of cupcake pretty quickly. There wasn't much on the ground or on her tray. Then she reached over to the table trying to get more! I think she has a sweet tooth! We weren't sure how she would react since she hasn't had hardly any sugar- but a little taste of our ice cream once or twice. But there was no doubt- she loved it!
She was too busy with her cupcake to look at the camera and smile.
She never put that cupcake down or let a piece fall. She held it the whole time and inhaled it!
Here is a picture of the cake. It is supposed to be a giant cupcake, but I thought it looked a bit like a basket of flowers. I made some small cupcakes for the kiddos.
Opening presents. So far she is loving her trucks that were here in the picture. She was actually interested in a lot of it as we opened them. So thoughtful!
Opening presents. So far she is loving her trucks that were here in the picture. She was actually interested in a lot of it as we opened them. So thoughtful!
Hadley is really happy here. It may be hard to tell. She liked swinging by herself, and when she gets really excited she scrunches up her face with her big toothy grin (she has a HUGE gap between the front two teeth. HUGE as in scary huge). And she puts her hands in front of her mouth and squeals. SO CUTE!



Hadley was sampling the blackberries that I was using for the fruit platter on her birthday. I think we could say she likes them!


3 comments:
Wish we could have gone! The cake turned out GREAT!! SO much better than my first one!
What a cutie! Looks like you're enjoying motherhood!
Happy birthday, Hadley! She is growing so fast! And her cake looks fabulous, good job! You are so talented Carrie!
Post a Comment