Spring Break is over- Boo Hoo!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We had a nice Spring Break and are still in withdrawls- having to go back to school and work! It started out with us going to Albuquerque to find a place to live. We found a nice apartment just below the mountains in a real nice area. It reminds me of when I lived in Salt Lake City, Utah. I lived right below the mountains where there were rivers, hikes, trees, and many outdoor activities right in my backyard. This part of Albuquerque is similar.

Chris bought me one of my favorites: A Dairy Queen ice cream cake- with frosting that is my favorite color! It is so delicious! We have been enjoying it all week long!

We celebrated my birthday a little early in Albuquerque. We left Hadley for two nights with her regular babysitter. I called every day and night to check on her, and while her second night was rough and made me cry upon hearing that- she seemed to have gotten over it by the time we got back to Lubbock and picked her up.

Here she is while we were gone- playing with Buddy, their gigantic golden retriever. They are good friends. Well, Hadley thinks they are. I think Buddy is your typical friendly retriever. He is happy to get attention- even from a fur pulling and face mauling baby!

We picked her up Monday night, and she was happy to see us. She even held her arms out for me. She smiled at me and let me give her big hugs and kisses. Then she quickly reached back for Dawnelle, her babysitter. She didn't care that much about us. Great to know we were missed! At least she adjusts well with others.

Tell me, doesn't she look like a doll in the whole get up that I made her? It is too bad that it is almost too small now, even though it does look cute hugging her fat little belly. I think she will only gte a few more uses out if it!

In Albuquerque we had my birthday dinner at one of our favorite restraunts...Tucanos! There happen to be only four of these choice eateries in the U.S. Two of which are in Utah and one in Idaho. It is the best Brazillian diner, and my favorite item is the grilled pineapple. And the beef tender. And the beef top sirloin. And the beef sirloin tip. Oh, and the grilled vegetables! You get the idea. This place reminds me how depressing it would be to be a vegetarian (sorry to my little sis, Alyssa. You are truly deprived, but you do it to yourself. I pity you none. Okay, I pity you a little).

We also had a nice big breakfast one morning, and a pure New Mexican meal (didn't know there was such a thing) with some of Chris' future partners.

Over Spring Break we discovered that Hadley enjoys the piano! We brought my keyboard to ground level for her during one of her fussy periods in desperation. It kept her attention for about 20 minutes. We also discovered she is a little greedy. Chris tried to play it with her and she kept grabbing his hand and moving it off the keyboard. She didn't want to share.

We got home from Albuquerque, and I had one last game of soccer to coach, which my girls won! They only lost one game the whole season (although they did tie a few also). Hadley and I hung out a ton. She did spoil the last two days of the break by being horribly grumpy, but she has almost erased it from my memory by being a peach these last two days!

So, this picure is pretty funny. I am a bit embarassed. I was changing Hadley and she squirmed away from me and I let her crawl without the diaper (she loves it!) and she pulled up on her activity table and immediately peed on the floor. I had a mess to clean and no one to blame but myself. It is just so funny to see her so excited about being in the nude for a few minutes!

Over the break we also went to the park. Hadley doesn't care that much yet, but being outside improves her mood, and I enjoy it as well. I took her out in the jogging stroller and got a run in. She doesn't look particularly happy in the picture, but it is just becuase she was concentrating on the chalk in her hand. I showed her how to write with it and she liked scribbling on the ground. This must be innate to children because I have seen her trying to draw on the walls with a capped marker. Where has she picked that up from?

We also went shopping some over the break because Hadley LOVES riding in the shopping cart, so we get some grocery shopping in and a few other stores. We had fun going to lunch just the two of us and then walking around the mall. Spring Break did spoil me, though, because I am now more antsy than ever to have my summer here and spend a ton of time with my Hadley!

So, overall, a very low key Spring Break. I usually go to Dallas or to California, but it was nice to stay at home this time and get to spend quality time with my husband and baby!

3 comments:

Lissy said...

You are hilarious. I totally agree about being vegetarian. Hadley just gets cuter. Sounds like you had a great Spring Break!

HammondFam said...

Cute pics! Hadley is adorable! Happy Birthday to you as well! Thank you for your comment Carrie, I appreciate your prayers!

Side note: My friend Michelle and her family are moving to Albuquerque in June, and they are at a total loss for what areas they should be looking at to live in. Her husband is starting his residency as a doctor, so they will be there for 4 years! Her biggest concerns are living in an area that is nice, has young moms she can hang with, and has good schools. How did you guys decide where to live? Any help would be greatly appreciated. They are headed out there next month to check it out.

Ashley said...

I love that picture of her in the laundry basket! And you KNOW I'm going to come visit you sometime in New Mexico and we'll go eat at Tucanos! I love that place so much!