Christmas Vacation Pictures

Saturday, January 2, 2010

This post is mostly just pictures. There are so many fun ones that we took this Christmas season! It is tough to capture a shot where all the children in a picture are smiling- or even just looking at the camera.


This picture has nothing to do with Christmas. I just thought it was too cute not to post! We know that we are sooo blessed with our little angel (no longer so little- she is getting quite chubby! All this late night snacking)!

Future Best Friends! I love seeing Ashley, one of my best friends in the world when I go home! Her baby, Natalie, was born just about a week after Hadley. The babies really seemed to like eachother. Last time they were just a few months old and Hadley kept trying to eat Natalie.
Chris and a sleepy "Little Santa" on Christmas Eve!

Our first Christmas as a little family!

Hadley didn't cry with Santa! We went to Bass Pro Shops in Colorado. The line was not long, the people were nice, they print out a free photo for you and let you take your own- all for FREE! I was astonished to find out that the malls all charge outrageous fees for you to take your own photo with Santa. Didn't seem so 'Christmasey' to me. Love you Bass Pro Shops!


Saige (on Chris' side) is Hadley's closest cousin in age. They live in Colorado and we were so excited for the girls to meet. They are quite different, and it is funny how obvious it is at such a young age. Hadley is NOT shy at all, while Saige takes some time to warm up to people. They did get used to eachother and had fun playing with eachother's toys. We were hoping Hadley would watch Saige crawl (she is an expert- she is fast!) and get the idea, but nope!


I love this picture! My sweet grandpa is 95, and we had fun posing the great-grandkids with him. He read us the Christmas story on Christmas Eve.

This was take on Christmas Eve. Okay- so the picture looks a little forced. There were distractions!

I wish I had some better photos of the three cousins in their matching outfits that I made them! They were getting sick of the photo taking and the new baby slept through everything anyways.

Hadley is here with my Grandma and Grandpa (my mother's parents). I love my grandparent's enthusiasm for each of the great-grandchildren. It was fun to see them with my 2 week old niece as well!
My folks with their grandchildren. Three grand-daughters: Keiya age 4 1/2, Hadley 8 mo. and Niyah 2 1/2 weeks. Hadley is trying to pull Keiya's hair. She loves to pull hair- good thing I have a tough head!
Cousins! Keiya and Hadley in their matching Christmas dresses! Keiya really is the best big cousin!
This photo has a story behind it. Christmas Day my brother, Jeff and Chris decided to fix up an old school Nintendo set and play with it. They got it working and spent the afternoon playing old games like Super Mario Brothers 3 and Contra. Do you remember those? They were so excited. My favorite thing about this photo? On the right is Hadley, as entranced and the two grown Nintendo-geeks!


Hadley and Keiya here in their jammies that I made them for Christmas. Hadley looks worried- it must have been early in the morning! Hadley is not really a morning person.

Hadley and Chayce, the little daughter of my friend who watches Hadley for us. I made them matching outfits.

We acknowledge our Lord and Savior for all our blessings and for the gift of our baby, family and friends! Most of all, we are grateful for the gift of the Savior and His sacrifice!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So many cute pictures!!! We LOVED seeing you too and I miss you so much already!

Ruth said...

What fun pictures! I loved talking with you and meeting your husband over Christmas! Your nieces are adorable. And it's so true what you said about little kids not smiling for or even looking at the camera! Marianne is definitely like that.