Our Vacation!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I know, it has been a while since I have posted anything, We left Lubbock when Hadley was seven weeks old and have been in Houston, Arizona and California. We just got back to Houston where we will be for a few weeks before Hadley and I return to Lubbock. Chris will come back there a few weeks after us.

We had a good vacation, getting to see lots of family and friends! In Arizona Hadley and I got to meet her Great Grandparents on Chris' side.We first visited with The Lisonbee's, who were so excited to meet her! Then right down the road we visited Grandma Lloyd, who showed us pictures of her kids and grandkids and jump started my imagination with pictures and stories of her travels. If I had extra time in Arizona I could spend days with her going through pictures of the world. She is a world traveler!Hadley had a few firsts on our vacation. She went to the beach (3 times), the county fair (twice), and even had two nights away from her mommy and daddy! My mother offered to watch Hadley while we went away for a day and night. So we went to Long Beach, CA, about an hour and a half North of where my folks live. We visited the Queen Mary, a huge ship that once transported passangers from England to the United States and back. During World War Two the ship was transformed into the "Grey Ghost," and transported troops, even having over 16,000 men on it at a time. It was super fast for its time, but when the war ended the city of Long Beach Purchased the ship and now it is a hotel and tourist attraction. It is stationary, but we did a tour and we even got to go on the "Haunted Tour," which I liked best. There have been a lot of ghost sightings on the ship in the past and numerous mysterious deaths, so we got to see some of the areas where these deaths happened and of course they hype it up for you, but it was pretty neat. It let you see areas of the ship that otherwise you would not see, like the boiler room, the pool areas, etc. I was pretty fascinated. I wished we had more time.

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Sounds like you all have had a great summer! Can't wait to see Hadley when the summer is over! See you in a few weeks!

Ashley said...

I like that picture of you holding Hadley at the beach! She looks so tiny there!

Francesca said...

I love the first picture of Hadley--so adorable! Wonder where she gets it from...;0)